Hi. I’m Jennifer McDonald. Also known as Jen on the Edge.
I blog from Jenworld, which is my house and the tiny bit of land it sits on and it’s sort of like my very own country in the middle of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Sometimes Jenworld is a democracy and sometimes it’s a benevolent dictatorship (and sometimes not always benevolent).
We Jenworld folks don’t have a military, because we are a more or less peaceful nation with only four residents — me, Pete (the resident husband/ dad /co-dictator), Graceful (the older daughter, who is
8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14), and Elegant (the younger daughter, who is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12).
So, why “Jen on the Edge”? I started this blog in early 2007 during a time when I was under a lot of stress and needed the outlet. Believe me, blogging is way cheaper than therapy and a heck of a lot more fun. Some people might not agree that it is as effective, but it works for me and, generally, the people who tell me I need therapy are the ones who actually need it most themselves.
I am a big blog obsessed and you can find me other places too:
- I am one of the co-founders of Eco Women: Protectors of the the Planet!, which is a blog about saving Planet Earth one eco act at a time.
- I am also one of the co-founders of the Eleanor Project, which is a photographic project to show that all women are beautiful.
- And I do some freelance writing, social media consulting, and copy editing — find out more at Jennifer McDonald writes.
I can be quite snarky and I have an odd sense of humor. You’ve been warned.
I hope you enjoy your time in Jenworld.
- Facebook: Jen on the Edge
- Twitter: @jenontheedge
- Pinterest: Jen on the Edge
- Email: jenontheedge @ embarqmail . com