The 13th

In case you somehow did not know, today is Friday the 13th.

I’ve known people who have had bad experiences with this particular day, so they tend to approach it warily every time.

I, however, have gotten through life thus far with no major Friday the 13th instances, so I have no reason to fear this day.

What about the rest of you? Has Friday the 13th been good stuff, bad stuff, or non-stuff? Tell us your tales.

10 Responses to The 13th

1. Becky says:

I have had some incredibly good karma on Friday the 13th over the years, so I tend to embrace the day.

2. Skywalker says:

I had an intuition not to wear black as my primary outfit color.

3. badnessjones says:

My dad and both my brothers have birthdays on the 13th…(note to self, call brother today!) so in our family we’ve always considered the number 13 good luck, and I’ve never met a Friday I didn’t like!

4. I’m not superstitious. I don’t go looking for trouble, but a date? Yeah, that’s not going to hurt anybody!

5. Smalltown Me says:

It’s a day like any other to me, but my mom was extremely paranoid and stayed inside all day.

6. Nina says:

Having had THREE car wrecks on three different Friday the 13ths in three different cars. I am very wary of it, but I think I’m done after three (that all happened by the time I was 18). For a long time, I didn’t drive on Friday the 13th, but now I drive.

Today is also my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. :)

Just another day… Although I usually celebrate the number 13. Today, however, has been crummy. But it started yesterday, so no sense blaming the innocent Friday the 13th.

(Monday the 13th seems a much more sinister date to me…)

8. ssheers says:

It was just another day for me. I cleaned the bathrooms, and that made it special. And my baby came home from a week at the beach (also called Beach Week) alive and coherent, and that made yesterday a little more special.

9. I usually don’t even think about it, although it was fun to joke about as a kid.
    I participated in a farmer’s market on Friday and did relatively well, so I’d call that good luck!

10. A Friday the 13th with a full moon? Awesome x 2. It’s all about the lens we put on. :-)