I was messing around on Pinterest yesterday — I know, I know, that place is such a rabbit hole and I get lost every time — when I saw that someone I follow had started a board for her bucket list.
That got me thinking about mine and I ended up starting a Pinterest board to pin my own life list* ideas.
* I’m actually rather tired of the term bucket list.
And then, as I was thinking about what’s on my list, I had a vague sense that perhaps I had blogged about this before and sure enough, it turns out that I did four years ago.
Oh my, what an interesting little Time Capsule a la Jen for me to look at. Of the ten things on my life list four years ago, I’ve knocked a few things off, including visiting Paris (will definitely do that again), gone to England again (and will again in the future), taken some amazing trips, and built my dream house. I’ve also made progress on other goals, including losing at least 50 pounds, be married to Pete at least 75 years (21 down…), be a good parent, and visit England at least a dozen times in my lifetime. Other things, including taking dancing lessons with Pete are still a pipe dream.
The 2012 version of my list is still in progress, but here are some of the things on it:
- See Aurora Borealis.
- Visit the Great Wall of China. I wouldn’t mind running on it too.
- Go to Italy, the Netherlands, Easter Island, Petra, and… well, the list goes on and on.
- Write and publish a book or two. One written (but not published yet) and one in the works.
- Own a pair of brown Frye Harness 12R boots. I have them in black and my love for them is almost unholy.
- Be brave enough to wear a two piece bathing suit to the beach or the pool. For once in my life, I can actually imagine this, but I’m not quite there yet. Ask me in another 25 pounds or so.
What about you? What’s on your life list?