Part of a recurring series of posts about setting easy monthly goals…
Oh people, 2012 is now officially halfway over. And now it’s July. July is, hands down, my least favorite month of the year. It always has been and I don’t see that changing any time soon, especially given that the weather has been hell-hot in recent days.
You may have also heard that Virginia (and the mid-Atlantic region in general) got a derecho — a crazy-ass storm — on Friday night, which resulted in more than a million people across the state without power. (We here in Jenworld are fine.) For people who live in rural areas, no electricity also means no water, as their well pumps don’t work. No AC or water on days when the temps are in the upper 90s and low 100s. Oy vey. If you could take a moment to send good thoughts to the power company folks working ’round the clock to bring everyone electricity, that would be great.
Now, getting back to the One Month goals… Last month, my goals were:
1. Finish the paper filing that I didn’t finish in May and then stay on top of things. Sort of done. I got it done, but then started getting messy again the last few days of the month. I’ll be dealing with the small pile on my desk this week.
2. Clean out the girls’ backpacks and organize and inventory their leftover school supplies so that I’ll know what we have and what we need. I totally forgot about this. Oops. It’s on my list of things to do the second week of July.
3. Continue food journaling on SparkPeople, with a goal toward losing 4-6 pounds in June. DONE! I feel great and am learning a lot.
This month, my goals are simple-ish:
1. Continue with SparkPeople and lose another 4-6 pounds.
2. Prepare my family for our big trip, as well as take care of other odds and ends, including making sure we have school supplies ready to go before we leave and also shopping for all the August birthdays in our extended family. Basically, I need to organize the shit out of myself, my family, and our house. This is a vague goal, but my calendar is covered in two dozen Post-It notes, not to mention I have a two page list of things on my computer.
And that’s it.
What about the rest of you? Who had June goals and how did you do? Who has July goals?