Cool Britannia

I was wandering about Jenworld recently when it suddenly occurred to me that we have a theme going on that I was heretofore unaware of. See if you can discern it.

A poster I've had for 6 or 7 years.

A printer's drawer filled with knick-knacks. The circled parts: two mini suits of armor, a Beefeater, and a souvenir from Loch Ness.

Flags in a glass bottle. Will be adding two more after our trip this summer.

Magnets on the fridge.

Down in the Man Cave.

Pillows on the bench in the kitchen.

A pillow made from a tea towel with London place names.

I think this confirms that I am a committed Anglophile, yes?

14 Responses to Cool Britannia

I think that your additional love of Canada, plus your projected love of Oz and NZ would make you a Commonwealthphile. :)

2. Andrea says:

I need to introduce you to my mother-in-law (but I’d better do it quick, before we move). She is most certainly a committed Anglophile, as well! Her license plate on her car reads UK LVR (and she doesn’t mean the University of Kentucky!).

3. Totally committed. One of many reasons why I adore you.

Yup. Definitely. In fact I saw a Union Jack basket the other day and immediately thought of you. (But drat if I can’t remember where I saw that sucker. Oh well, it was too pricey anyway (>$100). No sense teasing you.)

I love that phone booth poster –such a great way to open up a room. :-)

6. Missy says:

We have a type case on the wall too! Ours has a mix of type set letters in various sizes and little knickknacks. I like your theme!

7. Loth says:

I need to send you some tartan.

Love the dingleballs on the London pillow!!!

Love the dingleballs on the London pillow!!!

10. And this just occured to you, humm? You left out your charm bracelet…

Nothing wrong with loving London and Europe :)

You and my son too! And he just got a real job in London!