- There are shows where experts will tell you what to wear or what not to wear. I believe that one of them is called What Not to Wear or something like that.
- All reality shows are actually somewhat scripted and that there’s no real spontaneity.
These are true facts, yes?
Today we’re going to have a real life version of one of those fashion reality shows, in that we are going to give advice to a real person (someone I know in real life) with a real budget and who is going to a real event.
My friend Aimee emailed me a link to the dress pictured above and asked me what she should wear with it. The event is an outdoor evening wedding. The questions are:
- What shoes? My friend was thinking perhaps wedge heels, because she’ll be walking on grass. She likes these black patent cuties, but not the price tag that goes with them.
- What jewelry? Pearls? Metal (she prefers silver)? Something beaded? Something delicate or something bold?
- What else? What kind of purse should she carry and what if she needs something to keep her warm if the evening turns cool? (Besides the arms of her big handsome husband, that is.)
So this is the Jen on the Edge version of reality TV. It’s totally unscripted and as real as it gets. Please weigh in with your opinions and feel free to include links to suggestions.
(Note that my spam filter might initially freak out over the links, so if you don’t see your comment initially, just let me know you left one and I’ll dive into the spam pile and find it.)