Part of a recurring series on setting mini goals each month…
Jeez Louise, it’s February 1st? Where the heck did January go?! It’s time for our monthly check in to see how we all did on our January goals and to set some new ones for this month.
Last month my goals were:
- To lose 2-6 pounds by cutting back on habitual snacking. I just barely lost 2 pounds because I didn’t do a great job with cutting out snacking. Luckily, I ran over 70 miles and walked over 36, so putting 100+ miles on my sneakers helped but I could have done better.
- To cut back on spending after the excesses of Christmas. I was more successful with this one.
This month, I’m keeping my goals simple:
- Work even harder on the late-night snacking and finally just conquer that beast.
- As a result of kicking #1 in the ass, lose a little more weight. (Again, putting no pressure on myself by specifying a number and instead just focus on healthy eating habits.)
- Try to do one proper push-up. While I have great lower body strength and moderate abdominal strength, my arms are weak. I’ve been doing the girly bent-knee push-ups for a couple of years, but I cannot do a single straight-leg one. I’ve been working on it for a few weeks, but so far, no dice.
I was going to set the goal of finally running five miles in under 60:00, but I smashed that one yesterday with a time of 59:31. Next up: Breaking 55:00.
What about everyone else? How did you do on your January goals and who has some for February?